July 1, 2020
Organization: Young Voices Toronto
Position: General Manager
Industry: Performing Arts/Arts Management
Address: 680 Annette St, Toronto, ON M6S 2C8
Work Hours/Week: 20
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Part-Time, Employed
Pay Type: Salaried
Annual Compensation: $26,000
Application Deadline: Wednesday, July 1st, 2020.
Young Voices Toronto is a not-for-profit children’s choir based in Toronto’s west end. For 35 years, our organization has been offering a holistic approach to choral training, vocal instruction and musical education. Our weekly programming features choir rehearsals as well as theory and sight-singing classes. Throughout the year, our choirs have the opportunity to present innovative and varying performances throughout the Greater Toronto Area including an annual tour. Every day we work towards building community, fostering inclusiveness and instilling musical excellence.
What is the opportunity?
Are you interested in leading an arts organization? In this role, you will be at the heart of Young Voices Toronto. Working with our artistic staff, board members and community, you will
facilitate our organization’s operations and take on a diverse and varying set of responsibilities related to our mission. At a time of great organizational growth, this position will also expand in scope with our organization.
What are we looking for?
You are passionate, hard-working and motivated to make a difference. You have the ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment. You are highly
organized and have a high attention to detail. You are a self-starter with an ability to get things accomplished. You can juggle multiple projects and commitments in a fast-paced environment. You appreciate and support choral music and music education.
• Strong communicator with established customer experience skills who can effectively connect, both verbally and in writing, with our community in a professional, courteous and effective manner;
• Dynamic and diligent with the ability to influence and motivate;
• Can-do attitude with the ability to handle several tasks and changing priorities;
• Proactive, highly organized and extremely detail oriented;
• Post-secondary education or equivalent industry experience;
• Proficiency with G-Suite and MS Office;
• Arts administration experience an asset;
• Grant-writing skills an asset;
• Marketing skills an asset;
• Project/event management an asset.
At YVT, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where all members of our community feel valued, respected and supported. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If you are interested in applying for the position of General Manager, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, July 1st, 2020.