Entering its 42nd season, the Toronto Children’s Chorus is recognized as one of the finest treble choirs in the world. The Chorus is committed to the enrichment of children’s lives through the discipline, teamwork and unique camaraderie of fine choral singing. The unparalleled music education and life-changing opportunities to perform exceptional music in local, national and international venues help to promote the personal welfare, growth and a portfolio of life skills that prepare children to become effective citizens.
The TCC is currently seeking a Conductor’s Intern for the 2019-2020 season. This immersive experience at a leading choral organization is meant to provide further professional development for an emerging conductor. The successful candidate will work under the direction of Artistic Director, Elise Bradley, and the artistic team. This is an eight week internship, commencing March 2020.
- Observe/audit/assist bi-weekly Main Choir rehearsals (Tuesdays & Fridays);
- Conduct one or two pieces in rehearsal and performance;
- Meet with Artistic Director to review conducting gesture, rehearsal techniques and vocal pedagogy;
- Better understand the structure of a leading choral organization;
- Other duties may be requested by the Artistic Director and will be discussed as they arise.
- An undergraduate degree in music (graduate degree in conducting preferred);
- Conducting experience of 2-5 years;
- Experience teaching children and youth;
- An understanding of vocal pedagogy and International Phonetic Alphabet;
- Excellent theory and musicianship skills;
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude;
- An individual looking to gain more experience with a world-renowned organization.
Interested and qualified applicants are asked to submit a cover letter, resume, two references, and two video recordings of their conducting in rehearsal/concert (URL links only). We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The position will remain open until filled.
Please email applications to Matthew Otto, Assistant Artistic Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
The TCC is committed to reflecting the diversity of our community. We believe in equity and inclusion and strongly encourage submissions from all qualified individuals regardless of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, and physical ability. If you require an accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.