VIVA Singers Toronto is a multi level choral organization which embraces the core values of performance artistry, creation-based music education, inclusion, leadership and mentoring, and community building.
VIVA Singers Toronto is seeking a part-time Conductor for our Preparatory Chorus, children ages 4-6.
- choosing diverse, age appropriate repertoire for Prep. Chorus in collaboration with the Artistic Director and the artistic team
- fostering a healthy, beautiful singing tone in young choristers
- conducting rehearsals and concerts; recording and posting practice tracks for rehearsal purposes
- designing, implementing and teaching progressive theory and musical literacy program
- exploring and implementing creation-based activities
- supervising Prep. Chorus Teaching Assistants and staff
- liaising with Prep. Chorus parents and VIVA team as needed
- attending and providing leadership in staff meetings
The successful candidate will have an undergraduate degree in voice, experience in conducting, and training in elementary methods of music education in particular. It is recommended that candidates explore the website of VIVA Singers Toronto to ensure they are aligned with stated core values and priorities.
The candidate must be available Mondays between 4:30-6:00pm.
This position is payable 10 months per year on a renewable yearly contract. Funds are available annually to artistic staff for professional development.
While VIVA Singers Toronto appreciates all interest in this position, only those selected for an interview will contacted. This position is subject to enrolment.
To submit your application kindly email your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org For more information, contact Charlotte Burrage, VIVA’s General Manager at 416-788-8482.