SING! The Toronto Vocal Arts Festival is accepting Expressions of Interest for the role of Artistic Director.
What does the Artistic Director do? This position involves overseeing all aspects of the artistic production of the organization in collaboration with the SING! Management team and Board of Directors. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Designing and/or curating the organisation’s festival program (i.e. selecting the shows that will be presented during the festival, including international headliners, collaborations, themed and multidisciplinary events);
- Guiding the festival’s artistic development through the assessment and selection of artists for the festival. This may include a combination of reviewing yearly submissions received by SING! and actively sourcing new artists.;
- Setting and overseeing the organisation’s schedule of performances, primarily during festival season (held annually in late May/early June), but also for those standalone productions and/or performances that occur outside of the festival’s schedule;
- Working in collaboration with the SING! management team and Board of Directors to facilitate the hiring of artists, performers, stage managers, designers (lighting, sound, video), etc. for the festival and any additional productions or projects.;
- Managing the application of funds budgeted for festival programming, ensuring the most effective use of the financial resources that have been allocated for this purpose;
- Reporting to the Board of Directors at regular intervals to ensure that artistic programming decisions are aligned with the organisation’s strategic goals;
- Research into, representation to, and coordination with artistic community partners to build strong relationships and expand the reach of the festival and its programming.
Though not a requirement for the position, the Artistic Director may also be called on to apply related auxiliary skills to contribute to the festival in ways that could include directing and/or producing shows, composing and arranging material for specific shows, and performing in shows.
The Artistic Director should have an understanding of a cappella vocal music and a familiarity with the artists involved, including those in the international, national, and especially the local Toronto a cappella community. It is the Artistic Director’s mission to cater to the existing audience, while still bringing forward new and interesting performances and overall vision.
Individuals wishing to be considered for this role are asked to submit an Expression of Interest, accompanied by a current resume where possible, via email to email@example.com no later than 5:00pm EST on Friday, 26 February 2021. Anticipated start date for this position is 01 May 2021. Compensation will be commensurate with the experience of the successful candidate.
We would like to thank all individuals who submit an Expression of Interest for this role, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
SING! The Toronto Vocal Arts Festival is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
|Application Deadline:||February 26, 2021 at 5:00pm EST|